Have you been denied a merchant account?
Even if you don’t think of your business as high risk, traditional domestic banks may not approve your merchant account application if:
- Your customers aren’t present to sign the credit card receipt. (Card-not-present processing.)
- Your business is a start-up with an unproven credit history.
- You or your business has bad credit.
- You need to process a high volume of credit card transactions. (Over $25,000 a month.)
- Your business has grown from small to medium or high volume.
- Your business operates in certain "high risk" industries, like online pharmacies.
- You offer a free trial followed by a recurring monthly payment.
- Your average transaction is over $500.
- Your business depends on seasonal or sporadic sales.
- You sell to international customers, or intend to process payments in foreign currencies.
- You have a history of excessive chargebacks or refunds.
If a bank has closed your merchant account in the past; if you’ve ever provided contradictory information on a merchant account application; or if you’ve had problems with customer service or unclear billing descriptions, you may also have a hard time getting a merchant account.
Fill out the form below to be contacted by a Swipe Fast consultant or live chat with us during business hours for immediate help!